Equality, diversity & inclusion programme pilot
Museum Development UK (MDUK) recognise our role, alongside that of museums, to develop an inclusive sector that challenges and opposes racism and inequality and we are working together to develop a shared approach to support museums to address institutional, sectoral and societal inequalities.
MDUK, in partnership with the Association of Independent Museums (AIM), is seeking a consultant/s to develop a programme to support museums in England and Wales to improve their understanding of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI). The programme will also increase participants’ knowledge and skills around the EDI-related issues being faced people working and volunteering in museums, their communities and audiences.
Key aims of the project;
- Support museums, staff and volunteers to develop a consistent level of understanding of EDI and what it means for them as organisations and for their visitors
- Raise awareness of the museum specific challenges and opportunities relating to EDI and support the development of workable solutions to take action
- Support museums to develop a better understanding of the challenges being faced by their local communities
- Highlight and enable inclusive museum best practice and empower museums to tackle systematic issues
- Explore a new model of working for MDUK
The full programme is intended to run over 18 months, across 3 levels of intervention. Consultants are invited to quote for activity planned for 2021-2022. The full brief is available here.